Last Updated: May 11, 2023
OpenEdge Payments, LLC (also referred to as “we,” “us”, “our”, or “Global Payments Integrated”), respects your concerns about privacy. This Website Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how we collect and process personal information from and about users of our websites, forums and blogs (“Sites”) and mobile applications (“Apps”) in the course of our business activities.
This Notice applies to the Sites provided Global Payments Integrated on our own behalf or in combination with one of our parents, affiliates, or subsidiaries. Our privacy practices vary depending on the services we provide and the country-specific requirements for the countries in which we operate. For some products and services, where required, we will provide additional privacy notices before collecting your personal information. Please read this Notice carefully. If you have any questions, you may contact us at [email protected] or by using the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Global Payments Integrated provides products and services to commercial and non-commercial enterprises (our “Customers”) including payment card processing, ACH processing, gift card processing, point-of-sale terminal management and support, merchant accounting, funds transfer, analytics and reputation management tools, marketing, and customer self-service solutions. We also provide a digital customer experience platform to software partner Customers which allows them to streamline the customer service process in the products they offer to their merchant customers. As a part of our payment processing function, we routinely collect and retain personal information about our customers and the third parties with whom our customers do business. For our customers, information about disclosures, transfers and other processing of personal information as part of our payment processing function is set out in their agreement with us and the documentation provided to them at or before onboarding and is outside of the scope of this Notice, which relates only to information we collect through our Sites.
In some circumstances, Global Payments Integrated may collect personal information from users of our Services, Sites, and Apps who might be our Customers, prospective Customers, or our Customer’s end users (“End Users”) who engage with our Sites or Services as part of the Services we provide to our Customers.
Because Global Payments Integrated’s relationship with End Users is indirect, we process such End User personal information only for the purposes of providing the Services, in accordance with our Customer’s instructions. If you are an End User who has a relationship with one of our Customers and you have a question about how your personal information is collected, used, or shared, or would like to exercise any rights you may have with respect to your personal information, please contact the Customer directly. Please be aware that not all of the information in this Notice will be directly applicable to our handling of your personal information. This Notice provides an overview of the possible circumstances in which we may interact with your personal information. If you have any questions about our processing of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Select one of the links below to jump to the relevant section:
- Personal information we collect
- Sources of personal information
- How we use the personal information we obtain
- How we share the personal information we collect
- Our relationship with affiliate companies (including sharing and cross-border transfers)
- Login details and your responsibility
- Managing your preferences
- Your Legal Rights
- Data anonymization and aggregation
- How we protect and dispose of personal information
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- External links
- Changes & Updates
- Choice of Law
- Contact Us
- Region-specific information
Personal Information We Collect
Through our Sites, subject to your consent if required by law, we may collect the following personal information, as relevant and as is voluntarily supplied to us by you:
- Identifiers including name and contact details including telephone number, email address and postal address;
- Sensitive Personal Information, such as your username and password, which you may use to log in to the Sites (see “Login Details and Your Responsibility” below), as well as bank information and credit card information. For certain products, we may collect health information on behalf of our Customers (for example, a medical provider)
- Commercial information, such as your preferences regarding products and related services which are of interest to you (see “Managing Your Preferences” below); records of any correspondence we have with you, and information you provide if you report a problem with our Sites
- Internet and electronic activity information , such as information from cookies and other tracking technologies including location, device identifier, usage and browsing history
- Geolocation, to the extent it can be derived from information you submit to us or from internet and electronic activity information connected to your use of the Sites and Services
- Professional or employment information
Our Processing of Sensitive Personal Information
Sensitive personal information includes personal information defined as sensitive under the applicable privacy and data protection laws. It can include data like your social security number or a financial account number. When we collect sensitive personal information about you, we will limit our use and disclosure of that information to what is necessary to perform the Services, unless we are required to do otherwise under applicable laws. In addition to processing sensitive personal information as required to perform the Services, we may process sensitive personal information to detect and prevent security incidents or fraud, to ensure the physical safety of natural persons, for short-term transient uses (when consistent with the purpose for which the information was collected), and to verify or maintain the quality or safety of any Services we perform. Under some privacy and data protection laws, you may have the right to limit the processing of your sensitive personal information. You can find more information about your rights in other sections of this Notice including any applicable section directed at residents of the state or country in which you reside.
Sources of Personal Information
Information that you provide to us: We collect personal information that you provide to us when you set up an account with us, use our services, or communicate with us. For example, if you register for an online account with us, we may request your name, contact information and business information. Providing us with personal information about yourself is voluntary, and you can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in some of the services.
Information collected from third parties: We may collect information about you from third parties in the course of providing our services to you. For example, we may collect personal information like your name and contact information from a referral partner or other third-party in order to contact you about the services we provide. We may also receive business related information about you from third party companies that supplement our business customer records with firmographic and professional information.
Information collected through technology: When you visit our Sites or Apps or interact with an email we send to you, we may collect certain information automatically such as your account or device identifier, and usage information such as pages that you visit, information about links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our services. You have the ability to express your preference regarding some of the ways we collect information through technology in some of our services (see “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” for more information).
How We Use the Personal Information We Obtain
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- To contact you regarding any inquiry you make or to fulfill a request, such as, for example, a request for information about our products and services;
- To improve and personalize your experience when you use our Sites;
- To improve our products and services and for the development of future products and services;
- For internal record keeping and administration of records;
- For auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, auditing compliance with laws and other standards;
- For detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- For internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of our products and services and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our services;
- To contact you by email and, if you have signed up for the service, to share e-newsletter or any other updates, communications or publications;
- For our customers, direct marketing purposes subject to your consent if required by applicable law (see “Managing Your Preferences” below);
- As necessary to set up and administer your sign up to, and use of, the log in facility available on the Sites; and
- For compliance with applicable laws and/or regulations and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations.
We retain the data we collect for different periods of time depending on what it is and how we use it. In some contexts, we will provide additional information about retention as you use the Services. When we collect your personal information, we will retain it only for as long as is necessary to complete the legitimate business or legal purposes for which we collected it. In many cases, the retention time period will correspond to the time period for which you have an account or other type of business relationship with us plus a defined period after that relationship ends which will be defined by our regulatory requirements.
How we Share the Personal Information We Collect
Except as otherwise specified, we may share any of the categories of your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- With Global Payments Integrated affiliates where such disclosure is necessary to provide the services or to manage our business (see “Our Relationship with Affiliate Companies” below).
- With service providers whose systems, applications, products or services help us to provide the services. For example, we share personal information with IT service providers who help manage our back office systems or administer our Sites and Apps. These service providers have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and have agreed to use any personal information we share with them, or which they collect on our behalf, for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us.
- With referral partners if you were referred to Global Payments Integrated for services via such partner. For example, if you were referred to us by an independent services organization, we may share information with the referring partner in accordance with our business relationship with you and that partner, consistent with any privacy notice shared with you by either party at the time of the collection of your personal information.
- We may share identifiers with logistics service providers to enable the delivery of packages to individuals.
- We may share internet/electronic activity information (see “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” below) with advertisers and analytics providers in order to help us measure our ad campaigns and better understand how individuals interact with our Sites and Apps.
- With other third parties with whom you direct us to share defined categories your personal information.
In addition, subject to applicable legal requirements, we may share personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business assets to another company.
Unless otherwise disclosed in a specific notice, and subject to your consent where required by applicable law, we do not sell your personal information to third parties for monetary compensation. To the extent that we share your personal information with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising, we will implement features within the Services that enable you to see a list of the entities with which the personal information is shared and which enable you to express your preferences. You can find additional information about how those third parties use personal information in the applicable third party privacy notice.
Our Relationship with Affiliate Companies (Including Sharing and Cross-Border Transfers)
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may appoint an affiliate company to process personal information in a service provider role for and on our behalf. In most cases, we will remain responsible for that company’s processing of your personal information pursuant to applicable data privacy laws.
Because our affiliate companies are located around the globe, your personal information may be transferred to and stored in the United States or in another country outside of the country in which you reside, which may be subject to different standards of data protection than your country of residence.
We will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable law, are carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests and limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where alternative adequate arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights.
Login Details and Your Responsibility
Subject to your consent if required by law, we will collect and process your personal information as necessary to set up and administer your sign up to, and use of, the log in facility available on our Sites and Apps. We will use “cookies” to “remember” the machine or other device you use to access our Sites (see “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” below). Please remember that if we contact you, we will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited email, message or phone call. If you choose to use the log in facility available on our Sites and Apps, you are required to adhere to the security procedures we establish in the documentation we provide you as part of the services.
Managing Your Preferences
Subject to your consent if required by applicable law, we may use personal information about our Customers to provide them with direct marketing information about our products and services as well as those of our global affiliates and third parties. Our direct marketing may be by email, telephone, post or SMS or such other method(s) as may become relevant. In addition, we may provide direct marketing information and permit others to do so as allowed by our Customers’ respective contracts.
We will take steps to seek to ensure that any direct marketing from us and which is sent by electronic means will provide a simple means for our Customers to stop further communications, in accordance with applicable law. For example, in emails, we may provide Customers with an “unsubscribe” link, or an email address to which Customers can send an opt-out request. In addition, if we need your consent for direct marketing communications under applicable law, and if you provide your consent, you will be able to change your mind at any time.
Your Legal Rights
If you are an End User who interacts with our Sites or Apps for the purpose of engaging with our Customers and have questions about legal rights you may have with respect to your personal information collected by our Customer, please consult the Customer with which you have a relationship.
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have the right to:
- Know whether we process your personal information;
- Know how your personal information is used;
- Access, request and receive the personal information we have collected in a portable manner;
- Object to having your personal information sold or shared; and
- Request that we delete your personal data.
EEA/UK Resident Rights
What does this mean?
Right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear and easy-to-understand information about how we use your personal information. This is why we are providing you this Notice and we may provide other forms of notice, as appropriate or required by law, in the Services.
Right to access personal information
You have the right to access and receive a copy of personal information we hold about you.
Right to data portability
In some circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal information you request from us in a format that is user-friendly and enables you to transfer it to another provider.
Right to rectification
You have the right to correct or update your personal information if it is outdated, incorrect or incomplete.
Right of erasure ("right to be forgotten")
In some circumstances, you have the right to have your personal information erased or deleted.
Right to restrict/suspend processing of personal information
You may object to processing of personal information that is based on legitimate interest. You may withdraw consent for processing that is based on consent (this includes the right to opt out of direct marketing).
Right to information about information transfers
You have the right to obtain a copy of documents related to the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside the EU.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority
You have the right to contact the data protection authority in your country to complain about our data protection and privacy practices.
Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, this section applies to you in addition to the rest of the privacy Notice.
California Shine the Light
If you are a resident of California you may request information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information, please submit a written request to us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section of this Notice.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect and Our Purposes for Collection and Use
You can find a list of the categories of personal information that we collect in the “Personal Information We Collect” section above. For details regarding the sources from which we obtain personal information, please see the “Sources of Personal Information” section above. We collect and use personal information for the business or commercial purposes described in the “How We Use the Personal Information We Obtain” section above.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed and Categories of Recipients
We disclose the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes to the categories of recipients listed below:
- We disclose Identifiers to service providers and third party partners.
- We disclose Sensitive Personal Information to service providers and third party partners, but only as necessary to provide the Services.
- We disclose Geolocation to service providers and third party partners.
- We disclose Payment Information to service providers who enable the processing of payments and third party partners such as the applicable card schemes.
- We disclose Commercial Information to service providers and third party partners.
- We disclose Internet and Electronic Activity Information to service providers and third party partners.
- We disclose Professional and Employment Information to service providers and third-party partners.
For more information on how your information is shared, please see the “How We Share Personal Information We Collect" section, which provides more detail.
As a California resident, you have specific rights with regard to your personal information. When Global Payments acts as a business for the purpose of processing your personal data you can contact us using the information provide in the “Contact Us” section of this Notice with regard to the following rights:
Right to know about personal information collected, disclosed, and sold
You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
Right to opt-out of the sale of personal information
You may request that we do not sell your personal information to third parties. You may also request that we do not share your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Right to request deletion
In some circumstances, you have the right to have your personal information erased or deleted.
Right to equal service and prices (“non-discrimination”)
Your choice to exercise your privacy rights will not be used as a basis to discriminate against you in services offered or pricing.
Right to request correction
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
Right to limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information
In some circumstances, you may request that we limit the use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information.
Data Anonymization and Aggregation
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may anonymize or aggregate your personal information in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identifiable from it, in order to use the anonymized or aggregated data, for example, for statistical analysis and administration including analysis of trends, to carry out actuarial work, to tailor products and services and to conduct risk assessments and analysis of costs and charges in relation to our products and services. We may share anonymized or aggregated data with our global affiliates and with other third parties. This Notice does not restrict our use or sharing of any non-personal, summarized, derived, anonymized or aggregated information.
How we Protect and Dispose of Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Any suspected attempt to breach our policies and procedures, or to engage in any type of unauthorized action involving our information systems, is regarded as potential criminal activity. Suspected attempts to access or use our systems in a way that is inconsistent with our legal terms or security controls may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Please remember that communications over the internet such as emails are not secure. We seek to keep secure all confidential information and personal information submitted to us in accordance with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations. However, like all website operators, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through the internet.
When we no longer need your personal information to provide the Services, it will be securely deleted or de-identified in a manner that ensures you cannot be re-identified. Where we are collecting or storing your personal information on behalf of our Customer, the retention of your personal information may be subject to our contractual obligations to our Customer.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A “cookie” is a text file that is stored to your browser when you visit a website.
Unique device identifiers like IP address or UDID recognize a visitor’s computer or other device used to access the internet. Unique device identifiers are used alone and in conjunction with cookies and other tracking technologies for the purpose of “remembering” computers or other devices used to access the Sites and Apps.
We may also use other technologies like pixels or tags that allow us to measure responses to our email communications.
Cookies can be classified by duration and by source:
- Duration. The Sites use both “session” and “persistent” cookies. Session cookies are temporary - they terminate when you close your browser or otherwise end your “active” browsing session. Persistent cookies remember you on subsequent visits. Persistent cookies are not deleted when you close your browser, and they will remain on your computer or other device unless you choose to delete them (see below for “How to Delete or Block Cookies”).
- Source. Cookies can be “first-party” or “third-party” cookies, which means that they are either issued by or on behalf of Global Payments Integrated or by a third-party operator of another website. For an example of a third-party cookie, our Sites may contain features like videos hosted by other companies, which would set a cookie that can be read by the host. Our Sites may use both first-party and third-party cookies.
The cookies that we may use on the Sites fall into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions taken by you such as logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but blocking them may impede the functionality of the Sites.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies enable the Sites to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies. On Customer facing Sites only, we may set targeting cookies. These cookies may be set through our Sites by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
How to Delete or Block Cookies
On some Sites, when technically feasible, we will enable tools to help you make choices about cookies. You may also delete or block cookies at any time by changing your browser settings. You can click “Help” in the toolbar of your browser for instruction or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau available at www.allaboutcookies.org. If you delete or block cookies, some features of the Sites may not function properly.
Global Payments Integrated may provide links on our Sites to other websites that are not under our control. We do not endorse or make any warranty of any type regarding the content contained on such websites or products and services offered on those websites. We make no representation regarding your use of such websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the operators of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This Notice applies solely to information collected by us. You should read any other applicable privacy and cookies notices carefully before accessing and using such other websites.
Our Sites and Apps are not intended for use by children. We do not solicit or knowingly accept any personal information from persons under the age of 18 and we do not sell or share personal information of consumers under age 18. Please do not use the Sites or Apps if you are under the age of 18.
Changes and Updates
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, update, add to, discontinue, remove or otherwise change any portion of this Notice, in whole or in part, at any time. When we amend this Notice, we will revise the “last updated” date located at the top of the document. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure you are made aware of any material updates including providing you direct communication about such changes or providing a notification through the Services, as appropriate. If you provide personal information to us or access or use our Sites after this Notice has been changed, you will be deemed to have unconditionally consented and agreed to such changes. The most current version of this Notice will be available on the Sites and Apps and will supersede all previous versions of this Notice.
Choice of Law
Except where prohibited by law, this Notice, including all revisions and amendments thereto, is governed by the laws of the United States, State of Georgia, without regard to its conflict or choice of law principles which would require application of the laws of another jurisdiction.
Except where prohibited by law, by using our Sites, you unconditionally consent and agree that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) you may have against OpenEdge Payments, LLC and/or its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective members, officers, directors and employees (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the "OpenEdge Entities") arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Services or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act ("FAA"), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held in Atlanta, Georgia; (4) the arbitrator's decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of this Notice and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable user may have entered into in connection with the Services; (5) the arbitrator shall apply Georgia law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only your and/or the applicable OpenEdge Entity's individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against you or any OpenEdge Entity; (8) in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against any OpenEdge Entity exceed $125 USD, and you are unable (or not required under the rules of JAMS) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, OpenEdge Payments, LLC agrees to pay them and/or forward them on your behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, OpenEdge Payments, LLC will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (9) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor OpenEdge Payments, LLC shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com.
Contact UsIf you are an End User who has a relationship with one of our Customers and have a question about how your personal information is collected, used, or shared, or would like to exercise any rights you may have with respect to your personal information, please contact the Customer directly.
For other question about this Notice, or if you are a Customer and want to exercise your rights as described in this Notice, you can submit a request by completing this form or may contact us as follows:
Global Payments Integrated
2675 West 600 North
Lindon, UT 84042
In order to honor any access or deletion request, we will require you to provide enough information for us to verify your identity. For example, we may ask you for information associated with your account, including your contact information or other identifying information. If you designate an authorized agent to make a rights request on your behalf, we may require proper proof of that authorization as well as direct verification of your identity from you.