Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled a list of FAQs and answers about all aspects of payment processing to provide software developers with everything you need to know when selecting a partner to provide integrated payments.
If you are a Global Payments Integrated Merchant, we have compiled separate merchant FAQs located here.
What is integrated payment processing?
Integrated payment processing refers to payment processing systems embedded within a specific software application. This allows end users to make purchases within the software solution itself, rather than exiting the platform to complete their sale through a third-party processing company.
What is the difference between an ISV and an ISO?
An ISV is an Independent Software Vendor who provides software solutions for merchants and other businesses assisting them with managing their core business. An ISO is an Independent Sales Organization that provides credit card processing services independently from a financial firm or bank.
How do I partner with Global Payments Integrated for payment processing?
Choosing a Payment Provider
What should I look for in a payment provider?
When selecting an integrated payment processor it is important to find one that fits your business needs. Finding a partner that will help drive customer satisfaction, increase retention, and drive customers through the business’s doors is critical. Other important things to consider when selecting a payment provider:
- The level of support and various resources provided (from integration support to sales and marketing support)
- Finding a partner that will help grow your business (this includes additional tools and services that go beyond payments to drive engagement, commerce and improve the overall experience for your customers)
- Advanced security services keeping developers and merchants out of PA-DSS scope (protecting credit card data, preventing counterfeit fraud, and enhancing payments security)
- A partner dedicated to maintaining an innovative technology stack (keeping up with the latest technology and trends in the payments ecosystem, including newer technologies like EMV and NFC)
What are the benefits of integrated payment processing?
- Saves time: avoids having to manually reconcile
- Increases revenue: adds a new, scalable revenue stream with an immediate impact on your bottom line
- Strengthens security: the right partner handles all aspects of security to protect you and your merchants
- Reduces human error: integrated payments reduce the need for human entry allowing for more accuracy
What industries does Global Payments Integrated serve?
With 1.1b+ transactions processed annually, 300k+ merchant customers and 60+ industry verticals it is safe to say that we serve a wide variety of different industries. Global Payments Integrated’s investment in deep market knowledge does more than result in more effective solutions – it also delivers significant benefits to your merchant customers. Some of our most popular industries include:
- Medical Practice Management
- Dental Practice Management
- Field Services
- Property Management
- Dry Cleaning
- Service Management
What are the steps in the integration process?
Global Payments Integrated offers an integration process that is designed to be simple and fast. Within a few weeks you can be certified and ready for market, following these simple steps:
- Technical Discovery Calls: Discover the features that Global Payments Integrated offers partners to keep them competitive in their business vertical while also providing great end user experiences.
- Integration Development: Work closely with a dedicated Integration Specialist to help move your development process along smoothly and quickly.
- Integration Certification: Work with your Integration Specialist to certify the workflows and features you implemented to ensure your code is bug free and ready for merchant onboarding.
- Integration Product Add: Global Payments Integrated teams will work to document your product for internal support and implementation teams to ensure we offer the best experience to our mutual clients possible.
What are the steps in processing integrated payments?
Secure payment processing with Global Payments Integrated involves four simple steps.
- Route API Request: Application sends all non-sensitive parameters to the Global Payments Integrated API.
- Process Request: The Global Payments Integrated API communicates with the PIN pad device to prompt for card insertion, tap, swipe or manual entry, before collecting encrypted card data and performing an authorization request through the Global Payments Integrated Platform.
- Capture Results: The Global Payments Integrated API will respond back with non-sensitive payment results including the bank approval code, last 4 card digits, and an encrypted token that can be used for subsequent payments
- Send Confirmation: Flexibility of displaying or sending receipt confirmation to the customer
What resources does Global Payments Integrated provide?
Our team of experts with 30+ years of experience are here to listen, educate, consult, and drive solutions that your customers want & need.
- Client Advocates Group
- Inside and Outbound Sales Team
- Marketing Support
- Engineering Team
- UI/UX Consultants
- Training & Implementation Team
- Mobile App Development Team
- Development Specialists
- PCI Consultants
- Go-to-Market Consultants
- Strategic Partner Managers
What development languages does Global Payments Integrated serve?
- Ruby on Rails
- Objective C
What operating systems does Global Payments Integrated serve?
- Mac (OS X)
What environment does Global Payments Integrated deploy?
Is it possible to set up recurring payments for both credit card and ACH transactions?
Yes, our solution proactively retrieves card update information on a nightly basis from major card brands and makes it available to merchants, greatly reducing declines while saving time and money related to card-on-file transactions.
Well Beyond Payments
What additional platform benefits does Global Payments Integrated offer?
- Rapid Activation: Businesses can be up and processing transactions within hours instead of days
- Address Verification: Validates the cardholder’s address information against a current database, adding an additional layer of security
- Next Day Funding Credit Card & ACH: Provides merchants their funds faster for these payment types
- Signature Capture: Electronic signature capture and storage including offline signature capture capability
- Customized Device Functions: Provides complete flexibility to set the payment device environment up in virtually any manner desired
- Tips, Adjustments & Partial Authorization: These features provide valuable benefits to your customers while adding additional value to your software
What other features and tools does Global Payments Integrated offer?
Global Payments Integrated not only provides payment processing technology; we also provide tools and services to help your merchants improve how they run their business with our Customer Engagement Suite of products.
- Customer Analytics: Our proprietary easy-to-use tool delivers metrics based on customers at their business - as well as in other markets
- Cross-Chain Performance: How multiple locations are performing comparatively in their respective markets.
- Competitive Insight: How major competitors are performing.
- Social Reputation: How customers are rated by those buying from them.
- Online Reputation Management: Respond directly from within the resource, immediately improving online reputation.
- Competition Reputation: Customers can quickly view competitive ratings leading to more effective marketing messaging.
- Dynamic Communication Tools: Customers today demand various communication channels through Text, Phone, Email, & Social Media. Centralizing & enabling commerce through these channels drives revenue, streamlines processes, and improves client satisfaction.
- Helping Businesses Get Paid: Frictionless payment solutions allow businesses to collect payment faster, optimize efficiency, reduce cost, and create more growth opportunities.
FAQs for Partners
If you are already partnered with Global Payments Integrated we want to make it as easy as possible for you to get the help you need in a timely manner.
How do I contact sales?
How do I contact customer support?
For OpenEdge Merchants: (800) 774-6462 (Option 3) or email [email protected]
For account numbers starting with: 9305, 4765, 5185, 5353: (800) 941-6557
For account numbers starting with: 5436, 3930, 3230, 4139: (800) 543-5327 or [email protected]
For account numbers starting with: 8487, 8489, 3934: (855) 882-0507 or [email protected]
How do I contact developer support?
How do I contact merchant technical support?
How will I be notified if there is a systems outage?
We provide our clients with online notification systems that allow you to subscribe and receive real time automated emails anytime there is an outage. We recommend you subscribe to the notification system that aligns with your point of sale and processing platform.
Who should subscribe
Clients using the Genius point of sale or who signed up with a Cayan merchant processing account
Clients using the OptiCard Gift Card program
Clients using the Vital point of sale solutions
Barclays clients using the Genius point of sale solution
Clients signed up for a ProPay account
Clients with a TSYS merchant processing account
Clients with an OpenEdge merchant processing account