Businesses should cultivate their online presence on search engines and care about what their customers say about them on social review sites, as it influences potential customers’ first impressions of them.
A 2020 local consumer review survey by BrightLocal yielded the following statistics:
- 90% of consumers used the internet to find a local business in 2020.
- 91% of consumers say that positive reviews make them more likely to use a business.
- 82% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses.
Therefore, businesses should make their search engine results and social reputation a priority in their marketing efforts.
Add Value to Data-Driven Organizations
ISVs have the opportunity to enrich their software and add value for their customers by integrating an online reputation management tool. Doing so also reduces the need for customers to spend time looking for a third-party online reputation management service, allowing ISVs to provide an efficient solution for their customers.
Monitoring Tools for Marketing Performance
Global Payments Integrated’s Reputation Management tool provides businesses with an overall marketing score, a dashboard that shows all reviews in one place, and the chance to make side-by-side comparisons with competitors.
- Marketing score: The reputation management dashboard considers factors such as reviews, promotions, social reputation, and online visibility, providing a numerical score that helps businesses understand the effectiveness of their marketing strategies.
- Aggregated reviews: Consumers have many different platforms to leave feedback and reviews of businesses. The reputation management tool shows reviews and alerts from top sites all in one place, reducing the amount of time needed to log in to every platform to receive feedback.
- Compare competitors: Businesses can also see their competitors’ marketing score, overall average rating, and customer reviews and plan accordingly.
When paired with other business data such as payments analytics and customer intelligence, ISVs can help their clients drive measurable business results.
When the Reputation Management tool aggregates reviews from major social sites, businesses get an overall sense of their performance across platforms. Insights include:
- Average star rating
- The breakdown of reviews across platforms
- Percentage of reviews that are positive, neutral, and negative
- Review highlights and keywords
Use Cases For Reputation Management
Getting honest customer feedback about products or services is an excellent way for businesses to understand which strategies and ideas work. Relying on actual customer data can give businesses hints on how to cultivate brand loyalty better.
Controlling the Narrative
By seeing all reviews in one place, businesses can know what their customers are saying about them in real-time. They can publicly acknowledge those that leave positive content and also directly address negative reviews.
When businesses respond to negative content in a timely and appropriate way, it can help prospective customers overcome any hesitations about engaging with the company.
Understanding Sales Trends
The reputation dashboard combines payments data and social reputation ratings, giving businesses insight into whether social ratings are a leading indicator of sales trends. It also gives them the tools needed to measure the success of their reputation-building efforts quantitatively.
Enhance Online Business Reputation Management With Payments
ISVs can differentiate themselves from the competition by enhancing their software offering with commerce enablement tools like Reputation Management. Adding these tools to the payment functionality in their software provides further insight and value around every transaction. Reach out to our sales team to learn more about benefits, pricing, and implementation.