Editor’s Note: This blog entry was originally published on June 2, 2016, and was updated on July 9, 2020.
Your software solutions guarantee that independent retail and chain pharmacies can meet the crucial healthcare needs of their communities. The payments technology embedded in that software should make the pharmacy checkout experience seamless and allow the customer to pay in the most convenient fashion. Global Payments Integrated Pharmacy Solutions offer an array of payments-related products and services to meet the demands of your clients and their customers. Security, mobile payments, and pharmacy-specific services are all part of an integration that will build your customer base and keep pharmacies using your solution. Here’s a snapshot of the payment services available specifically for pharmacies.
FSA, HSA, SIGIS
Global Payments Integrated supports Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Spending Accounts (HSA). In fact, our representatives will help your pharmacy customers complete SIGIS registration to accept health benefit cards.
Acceptance of Various Payment Methods
Pharmacies using the Global Payments Integrated integration can accept:
- EMV® Credit
- EMV® Debit
- NFC Contactless/Mobile Wallets
- ACH Check
Global Payments Integrated allows pharmacy customers to make mobile payments with the latest mobile NFC-enabled technologies, such as Apple Pay®.
Mobile payments have greatly increased in popularity in recent years, making them a must for any pharmacy. Many pharmacies now offer drive-thru services for customers to pick up prescriptions, and these customers want a quick and easy way to pay.
Our Security Bundle
Global Payments Integrated maintains that the most effective method for keeping cardholder data safe is a multi-pronged approach, combining EMV® , encryption and tokenization. Our advanced security services bundle is intended to protect credit card data, prevent counterfeit fraud, and enhance payment processing security. Through a unique collection of complementary security solutions, we deliver one of the industry’s most secure payments platforms. Included features:
- The Global Payments Integrated EMV® Solution - This fraud-reduction technology protects card issuers, merchants and consumers from losses due to the use of counterfeit and stolen payment cards at the point-of-sale. EMV® smart cards are embedded with a chip that interacts with a merchant’s point-of-sale device, ensuring the card is authentic and belongs to the user. This chip technology is virtually impossible to duplicate. The technology helps insulate developers from complex device driving and card brand certifications.
- E2E Encryption - Global Payments Integrated’s proprietary encryption is designed to render cardholder data unreadable, encrypted at the device. Pharmacists are unable to view card numbers after the swipe or hand-key.
- Token Vault/Tokenization - Cardholder data is replaced by digital “tokens” based on this technology. Sensitive data is stored in the secure Global Payments Integrated vault rather than in the POS environment.
- PA-DSS 3.0 Out-of-Scope - Payment applications are rendered out-of-scope with our security solution, eliminating cumbersome PCI validation requirements.
- PCI ASSURE - Our PCI ASSURE program helps pharmacists simplify PCI compliance with online access to security self-assessment questionnaires, network scans, and custom security profiles generated from processing activity.
- Breach Reimbursement for Developers - Global Payments Integrated can cover up to $150,000 in legal costs associated with a developer’s defense against a customer in the unlikely case of a card data breach while using our security bundle.
- QIR ASSIST - For developers who wish to pursue QIR certification, Global Payments Integrated offers QIR ASSIST, a support program to get your staff certified and ensure you have access to payments security best practices.
Many rely on medication refills on a predictable schedule, so pharmacies often maintain cards on file for these recurring transactions. While convenient, there’s a potential downside – declined payments resulting from lost, expired or outdated card information. Decline Minimizer from Global Payments Integrated is an automated card updating service easily integrated into your software solution. A pharmacy simply requests the service and we handle the rest. Decline Minimizer updates expired and outdated card information stored in our Managed Payer Data Vault daily. The process is virtually invisible to your customers, yet they’ll notice the impact on their business - fewer card declines and more approvals.
Pharmacies have specific needs their payment processing software must meet. Global Payments Integrated can help you augment the software solution you offer in order to better meet those needs. Contact us today to learn more.
Apple Pay® is a trademark of Apple, Inc. All trademarks contained herein are the sole and exclusive property of their respective owners.
EMV® is a registered trademark or trademark of EMVCo LLC in the United States and other countries. www.emvco.com.